Escrow.com released the Domain Investment Index for Q1 2021.
The Q1 2021 trading volume of $110m was led by sales of a record number of large domain name portfolios as well as sales of high value individual domain names.
The report provides insight into the domain name market for the first quarter of 2021, compared to previous quarters.
Escrow.com Domain Investment Index Q1 2021 highlights:
- The market for domain names is stronger than ever. As the US macroeconomic outlook improves, the domain name aftermarket is improving right along with it, surpassing even pre-pandemic levels.
- Q1 2021 trading volume was led by sales of a record number of large domain name portfolios as well as sales of high value individual domain names. As large businesses continue to invest in their digital-first sales channels and online branding, 2021 is looking to set a new high-water mark for the domain name aftermarket.
- Total domain name transaction amount continues to increase its upward trend from Q4 2020, ending at $110m in Q1 2021.
- Majority of the surge remains to be involving a party residing within the US where volume increased from $77.9 million to $89.6 million.
- Median price returns compared to Q4-2020 at 16.67% is relatively smaller this time around however at 2.8% in Q1-2021. Meanwhile, compared to Q1-2020, the median price returns for Q1-2021 is at 24.67%.
- Looking at domain names with and without content, we see minimal movement in the median price. Domain names with content dropped from $6,500 to $5,500 and domain names without content increased slightly from $3,296 to $3,333.