These are the stories that attracted the most eyeballs last month.
1. Yes, Facebook chose Meta for its new name and forwards Meta.com – Facebook is now Meta, a company with metaverse ambitions. Domainers have been registering meta domains in droves, but not just because of this rebranding.
2. Two takeaways from Dan.com’s sales data – The company is grabbing market share, and not just of .com sales. Also, check out a recap of its September sales.
3. .Club top level domain went MIA today – The entire top level domain went down, taking sites built on .club with it.
4. EU Directive on domain owner data could create headaches for domain companies – It doesn’t “ban privacy” as some alarmists state, but it will be a pain for domain companies.
5. Tucows picks up UNR registry and employees – The headline says it all. Tucows CEO Elliot Noss discussed the acquisition on a DNW Podcast last month.
Podcasts (in reverse chronological order)
#360 – GoDaddy domain investor update with Paul Nicks (listen)
#359 – Managing DNS abuse with Elliot Noss (listen)
#358 – Ethereum Name Service (listen)
#357 – The power of great domains with John Rampton (listen)
Post link: October’s top domain name stories: Meta, Tucows, EU and more
© DomainNameWire.com 2021. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.