Welcome to KickstartCommerce.com! Let me guess, your website is not allowing you to update WooCommerce Product Attributes, right?
Whether you have plugins beefing with plugins or themes beefing with plugins, I aim to help you rehabilitate your WordPress website back in order, functioning and in tip-top shape.
It all started when I received a text message from a long-time customer stating that they were unable to edit WooCommerce product attribute fields via their WordPress admin interface.
Expecting to view the corresponding tab each time a tab was clicked (as displayed above), nothing happened when either the customer or I initiated click.
Thank goodness for Google Chrome’s Developer Tools, which I opened to assist me in identifying and debugging why WooCommerce Product Attributes we’re not triggering and displaying their respective tab content when clicked.
I quickly discovered the following error in the Console tab of Developer Tools:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘hasClass’ of undefined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (wp–auth–check.min.js?ver=5.5.1:2)
at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:3)
at HTMLDocument.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:3)
at Object.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:3)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:3)
at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:2)
at n.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:2)
at n.fn.init.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:3)
at Object.<anonymous> (heartbeat.min.js?ver=5.5.1:2)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4–wp:2)
I searched, scoured the web, and searched various websites — stackoverflow.com, wordpress.org, stackexchange.com, github.com — only to reach a deadends each time.
I started the old deactivate plugin-by-plugin, a tried and true method that often fixes site conflicts, but no dice with it either.
Once I narrowed it down to this, I knew exactly what to look forward: a jQuery conflict plugin. Upon searching the plugins, I stumbled upon Enable jQuery Migrate Helper, and boy, did it do the trick!
Little did I know, but the WordPress 5.5 update introduced a number of unexpected behaviors in legacy teems or plugins due to the update disabled the once enabled jquery-migrate tool.
While it’s a solution, the truth of the matter is that this plugin is really only a temporary solution in hopes of buying time for the authors of your respective theme or plugin(s) to update and test their code.
But for now, Enable jQuery Migrate Help solved my problem and did the trick to getting the customer back online.
Let me know if you have any questions, or need additional assistance to troubleshoot your issue. Thanks and that’s all for now!